Webinar “FIBC & Circular Economy” by Amir Samadijavan
Are FIBCs recyclable?
The European Plastic Strategy: Chances & Risks
In 2017, EU sets the goal ensuring that plastic packaging is recyclable by 2030, yet in 2025 this needs to reach 55%. This strategy laid down the foundation for the new Directives (EU) 2018/852 amending Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste, where the design and production of plastics and plastic products fully respect the three R´s Redesign, Reuse and Recycling. The Directive sets the goal but leaves the implementation widely open. Further the EU Government decided to impose a plastic tax of € 0,80/kg on non-recyclable plastic packaging waste. This way EU puts further pressure on packaging industry to provide workable and economical solutions. What would be the answer of FIBC industry in Europe?
THIS WEBINAR WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- The European Plastic Strategy and the implication on FIBC
- FIBC Life Cycle status-quo today and roadmap in alignment with the European Plastic Strategy
- Close-Loop recycling of PP FIBC (rPP), state of the art technology and challenges
- rPET as alternative material, pros & cons, limitation, experience
- Requirements on FIBC “Designed for Recycling”
- The role of FIBC Users and their contribution to improve CO2-Footprint and support circular economy
- Beginning: 10 AM
- Duration: 60 Minutes
- Fee: € 390